Kent Blues Fest Schedule

Photo Courtesy of Robert Burford.

The Kent Blues Fest will be taking place on Saturday, July 17. The free live music will be located at 23 indoor and outdoor venues all over Kent. 

The 2020 Blues Festival was canceled because of the COVID-19 pandemic, but attendees and patrons await this summer's festival.

“We are especially happy to present the return of the blues fest, after the ‘lost year’ of 2020,” said Mike Beder of the Crooked River Arts Council, which produces the festival.

The festival has over 30 music acts which are at different venues around Kent. 

“These festivals are built to benefit the people and businesses that make Kent such a cool place and people come from all over to enjoy it,” said Heather Malarcik of Main Street Kent. 

The outdoor and indoor venues include restaurants, patios, bars and outdoor parks. Drinks will be offered during the music acts. There is now a designated outdoor refreshment area that allows people to drink adult beverages until 11 p.m. 

A few of the featured performers are Blues harp master Wallace Coleman, The Numbers Band, Ray Flanagan and The Eric Clapton tribute band. 

The schedule, venue map and artist bios are at https://www.kentbluesfest.com/

Sam Wright is a reporter. Contact them at swrigh42@kent.edu.