Manfred van Dulmen, interim associate provost for academic affairs at Kent State, released an email this afternoon announcing an adjustment to the spring 2021 semester.

Spring break has been moved from March 29-April 4 to April 12-18. After spring break ends, classes will be held through remote instruction for 11 days through the last day of class on May 4 and final exams May 6-12. No classes will be held May 4, from noon-2 p.m. to remember May 4, 1970. 

According to the email, the decision to change these dates was made to “reduce the transmission of COVID-19 because of excessive spring travel.”

Details regarding residence halls and dining for spring 2021 will be released soon. The course schedule for next semester will be open Oct. 5, and registration for courses will begin Oct. 26 for graduate students and Oct. 27 for graduate students.

Van Dulmen said students, faculty and staff should continue to follow the Flashes Safe Seven on and off campus, and wear a face covering at all times. Students should avoid large gatherings and limit interactions other than attending in-person classes and physical exercise.

Troy Pierson is a reporter. Contact him at rpierso4@kent.edu

SUPPORT STUDENT MEDIA 

Hi, I’m Lauren Sasala, a senior journalism student from Toledo. I’m also the editor in chief of The Kent Stater and KentWired this semester. My staff and I are committed to bringing you the most important news about Kent State and the Kent community. We are full-time students and hard-working journalists. While we get support from the student media fee and earned revenue such as advertising, both of those continue to decline. Your generous gift of any amount will help enhance our student experience as we grow into working professionals. Please go here to donate.