DeWine coronavirus press conference

Dr. Amy Acton, Ohio Department of Health Director, center, discusses the state's response to the coronavirus outbreak, as Gov. Mike DeWine, right, studies an update on the cases on Tuesday, March 10, 2020, in Columbus, Ohio. Acton said DeWine was "leaning in" and being aggressive in taking precautions against the disease. 

BREAKING: Kent State University is suspending in-person classes effective at 4:25 p.m. today due to coronavirus concerns, according to a post on its coronavirus information website that was quickly removed but was shared by students on social media.

The move comes just one day after three cases of COVID-19 were confirmed in Northeast Ohio. Face-to-face classes are set to resume in April.

Here is the schedule:

• March 10 at 4:25 p.m. (evening classes) to March 15: Face-to-face classes will cease for all of Kent State's Ohio campus locations.

• March 16 to 20: All classes will begin remote instruction.

• March 23 to 29: Spring break will occur as scheduled.

• March 30 to April 10: Classes will be held via remote instruction.

• April 13: Face-to-face classes will resume.

These changes also affect Kent State's College of Podiatric Medicine, but clinical rotations will continue.

Follow KentWired.com online and at  @kentwired on Twitter and Facebook for updates. 

(1) entry

Silkwood

They are ending face-to-face classes but they are still keeping face-to-face counseling open. So while the students and teachers are being kept safe the staff who works in departments where face-to-face counseling occurs are being told it's going to be business as usual. This is absolutely ridiculous! Either close the campus entirely or don't, just ending face-to-face classes is a dangerous half measure.