BREAKING: Kent State University is suspending in-person classes effective at 4:25 p.m. today due to coronavirus concerns, according to a post on its coronavirus information website that was quickly removed but was shared by students on social media.
The move comes just one day after three cases of COVID-19 were confirmed in Northeast Ohio. Face-to-face classes are set to resume in April.
Here is the schedule:
• March 10 at 4:25 p.m. (evening classes) to March 15: Face-to-face classes will cease for all of Kent State's Ohio campus locations.
• March 16 to 20: All classes will begin remote instruction.
• March 23 to 29: Spring break will occur as scheduled.
• March 30 to April 10: Classes will be held via remote instruction.
• April 13: Face-to-face classes will resume.
These changes also affect Kent State's College of Podiatric Medicine, but clinical rotations will continue.