In an email sent out Wednesday, Kent State announced the decision to continue remote instruction throughout the summer semester.

In addition, Kent State has officially canceled all study abroad and study away trips scheduled for summer 2020 because of the spread of COVID-19 in the Kent region and around the globe. 

Kent State will be offering remote instruction for courses throughout intersession (May 14 to June 3), Summer I (June 4 to July 8) and Summer II (June 4 to July 29). Any other scheduled summer course beginning before July 9 will be delivered through remote instruction only. 

Classes starting after July 9, including Summer lll (July 9 to August 12), will be evaluated by or after late May, as the progression of COVID-19 is monitored throughout the coming months.

Any decisions about clinicals, practica and internships will be made in consultation with chairs and directors of the academic program areas. 

For questions about summer courses, students should contact the department chair or faculty member of the course.

Contact Sara Crawford at scrawf23@kent.edu and Maria McGinnis at mmcginn9@kent.edu