When Kent State Field Hockey opens Mid-American Conference play on September 15 at Appalachian State, the Flashes will look to build on their record-breaking 2016 campaign in which they won a program record 14 games as well as their third straight Mid-American Conference championship.

Throughout the summer, and the school year, the sound of construction in Kent is often little more than white noise — part of the regular thrum of the city’s soundscape.

At Kent State, there are an abundance of offices created for the sole purpose of helping students get what they need from their academic experience, but determining which office to go to can be difficult.

Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn are all social platforms that are popular amongst college students.

It's important to know the best way to get from A to B on and off campus because of the many activities. Not everyone can bring their own car to Kent, and even so, there are places people can’t get to by car. There are plenty of alternatives, including riding the bus, biking or renting an on…

Last season, Kent State's women’s volleyball team went 8-8 in the Mid-American Conference and finished with a record of 15-15 overall. The Flashes then lost in the first round of the MAC tournament to University of Toledo in five sets.

The 2016 season was a triumph for coach Rob Marinaro’s Kent State women’s soccer team. The Flashes finished their season at 15-3-2. They didn’t just beat their opponents; Oftentimes, score lines would become lopsided quickly, as the team finished the season with not only the most goals score…

Students have the ability to take some time away from their major and minor course work to enroll in classes that may be out of the norm. Students who were polled said their favorite course was Geography of Wine.

Between balancing classes, extracurriculars and possibly a job or two, there are a few applications students can use to help ease their work load.