Mens Bball 11.30

Redshirt freshman forward VonCameron Davis (1) dribbles the ball towards the net during the men's basketball game on Nov. 30, 2021. Kent State beat Point Park University 107-41.

The Kent State men’s basketball game against Cleveland State University has been canceled after positive COVID-19 cases within the Viking’s program. 

The game was set to be played on Tuesday in a doubleheader with the women’s basketball team at the M.A.C. Center. The women will still take on Florida State University at 4 p.m. 

The cancellation comes as a result of NCAA COVID-19 safety regulations. 

This is the Flashes’ first canceled game of the 2021-22 season, and it comes amid a rise of cases in the United States due to the Omicron variant, which seems to have a higher transmission rate than other variants. 

KSU (5-4) will play Southern University (5-6) Sunday at 5:30 p.m. in its last non-conference game of the season.

The Flashes will begin MAC play on Wednesday, Dec. 29 when they play Central Michigan.

Jimmy Oswald is a sports editor. Contact him at joswald9@kent.edu.