Ohioans are no strangers to the seasons feeling like they change every other day. Now, as we head toward the end of December, closets will change from light flannels and denim shorts to cardigans and snow-proof jackets.

“My go-to snowy day outfit is a turtleneck layered with a graphic tee, black ‘mom’ jeans and a heavy flannel. Then I always wear a winter beanie and my black Doc Martens,” Kayla Polansky, sophomore public relations major and fashion media minor, said. “Bomber jackets and animal print, especially cheetah, are some trends I’ve been noticing this season.”

kayla_p

Kayla Polansky, a sophomore public relations major and fashion media minor at Kent State. Courtesy of Kayla Polansky.

Layering is a staple winter fashion trend, and one that will never go out of style, according to Upscale Living. Whether this be hoodies with a denim jacket or a sweater dressed in a cardigan, layering is a winter trend that is here to stay that gives you the freedom to experiment.

Dressing in layers “adds some dimension and is a great opportunity to mix and match patterns, colors, and textures to achieve those put-together, Instagram-worthy looks,” according to PopSugar.

“I would recommend shopping for your winter clothes at Urban Outfitters and H&M,” Polansky said. “They always have a wide collection of clothing with plenty of patterns that can create a lot of cool outfits.”

Contact Zach Zdanowicz at zzdanowi@kent.edu.

SUPPORT STUDENT MEDIA 

Hi, I’m Lauren Sasala, a senior journalism student from Toledo. I’m also the editor in chief of The Kent Stater and KentWired this semester. My staff and I are committed to bringing you the most important news about Kent State and the Kent community. We are full-time students and hard-working journalists. While we get support from the student media fee and earned revenue such as advertising, both of those continue to decline. Your generous gift of any amount will help enhance our student experience as we grow into working professionals. Please go here to donate.