Senior Brynn Santos’ two first place finishes were not enough in the Kent State women’s track and field loss to the University of Akron.

Santos placed first in two events: the 60 m dash and the 200 m dash. In the 60 m dash, Santos finished with a time of 7.90 seconds. For the 200 m dash, she finished with a time of 25.70 seconds. 

Sophomore Ruby Greenwood finished behind Santos in the 200 m dash with a time of 25.87 s, which would not be enough in the 86-65 loss to Akron at the Akron Dual Friday night.

The Flashes were also successful in the shot put and high jump events. Kent State’s sophomore Gabby Bailey and junior Grace Tennant finished first and second. Bailey had a distance of 52’-11’’, while Tennant finished with a distance of 51’-7.25’’. Both Bailey and Tennant set a personal best in the shot put event.

Kent State’s freshman Lillie Franks placed in first for the high jump event. Franks had a height of 5’-3.75’’. 

The Flashes’ next competition will be the Akron Invitational in Akron, OH on Feb. 7 and Feb. 8. 

Contact Amanda Levine at alevine3@kent.edu.