Editor's note: The video above contains content that may be disturbing to some viewers.

Update: We now have photos showing the man's face who was on Alpha Phi's porch. If you recognize this man, please call Kent Police at 330-673-7732.

man on security camera 2

This photo was pulled from security camera footage. 

A man in a red Speedo bathing suit with writing on his body was caught on camera on the porch of Kent State’s Alpha Phi house early Monday morning. The man walked across the porch, covering his face with his phone, while touching himself inappropriately through the swimsuit.    

Sorority members also received direct messages on Instagram with nude photos of what appeared to be the same man. The large block-style writing on his torso described him as a pervert and said he masturbates to teenage girls. It also partially matches the writing on the man in the video.  

“We don’t have any indication that this guy has tried to enter anybody’s home, we don’t have any indication that he has tried to hurt someone or cause harm to anybody so we don’t want to create panic and fear, but we do want to make people aware that he is out there,” said Lieutenant Michael Lewis of the Kent Police. “We’re looking for the public’s help in identifying him.”    

Crude photo sent to sorority woman

Sorority members received direct messages on Instagram that included a nude photo of a man with lewd writing on his torso. Police said he was also caught on a porch security camera at the Alpha Phi sorority house, where he was dressed in a red Speedo swimsuit and touched himself inappropriately.  

Lewis said there is one additional report and an unconfirmed report the public should realize are separate incidents. 

On Aug. 22 a doorbell camera on a sorority house on fraternity circle caught a man exposing himself. An unconfirmed report, which circulated around social media, said a woman in a red hoodie tried to abduct students into sex trafficking. Police said the report is unfounded due to a lack of evidence and unrelated to the events of Monday morning.   

The porch incident occurred around 2 a.m. Monday, according to a time stamp on the video. This video showed a man wearing a red Speedo bathing suit with writing on his chest, “ridiculing himself,” Lewis said. He could face charges for criminal trespassing and possible public indecency.   

man on security camera

The president of Alpha Phi would not comment at this time. Dennis Campbell, assistant director for fraternity and sorority life, could not be reached for comment.   

The university issued an official statement on the matter. In an email Eric Mansfield, executive director of university media relations, said, “the university is aware of a man approaching sorority homes in the city of Kent.” 

Mansfield said the university is putting the security of students and community members first and are taking reports seriously. The university is continuing to support sororities by providing resources.      

The incident is still being investigated and the Kent Police are addressing the issue by taking extra enforcement. “We would ask that everybody be vigilant and try to be aware and be on the lookout for this person,” Lewis said, “and if they see him to immediately report him to the police.”  

Contact Abigail Mack at amack18@kent.edu

Maddy Haberberger, a TV2 reporter, contributed to this report.