Kent State President Beverly Warren will deliver the university’s Spring 2019 commencement speech.

It will be Warren’s last commencement as president.

Warren has served as the university’s 12th president since 2014. In October, she announced she will stepping down from her position, effective July 1.

Last year, Oscar-nominated actor and onetime Kent State student Michael Keaton spoke at the 2018 commencement. In 2017, actress Octavia Spencer spoke at the event. The university paid both speakers $100,000.

For the last two years, Kent State has held a One University Commencement ceremony, combining undergraduates, graduate and doctoral students from all campuses at Dix Stadium.

This year, graduate students and doctoral students will be separated from the undergraduate ceremony.

The ceremony for graduate and doctoral students will take place in the M.A.C. Center on May 10, whereas the undergraduate student ceremony will be at Dix Stadium on May 11.

Former university presidents have been commencement speakers in the past. Lester Lefton, the university’s 11th president, spoke at the 2006 commencement ceremony. Carol Cartwright, the 10th president, and Michael Schwartz, the ninth president, also served as speakers at the end of their terms.

Brandon Bounds is an assigning editor. Contact him at bbounds@kent.edu.

Lydia Taylor is the digital content editor. Contact her at ltaylo49@kent.edu