The annual Kent State Veterans Day Commemoration as titled, “Honoring all Those who Serve” will take place Thursday, Nov. 7. 

The commemoration itself will begin at 11 a.m.. in the Kiva, though a flag-raising ceremony presented by Army ROTC and Armed Forces ROTC will start at 10:45 a.m. on the student green. 

“As one member of the veteran’s day commemoration committee, we help guide that process to make sure that we have the best possible veteran’s day experience for our faculty, staff, students, and alumni veterans,” said Joshua Rider, director for the Center for Adult and Veteran Services.

Army veteran and current Assistant Dean of University College Dr. N.J. Akbar will emcee the commemoration, with several speakers to include President Todd Diacon. An appreciation luncheon for veterans and service members will follow at noon.

“We have over 100 folks turn out for the luncheon, and we’ll have several hundred people in the Kiva for the event,” Rider said. 

The commemoration will be free and open to the public, though the luncheon will be closed to veterans and their families. For more information about the event visit www.kent.edu/veteransday.

Contact Lauryn Oglesby at loglesby@kent.edu.