More than 200 students and faculty gathered at the Kent State Student Center to remember the life of Devin Moore, who passed away Wednesday night.

Witnesses said Moore, a senior journalism major, was playing basketball at the Student Recreation and Wellness Center when he collapsed on basketball court three. Staff responded by attempting CPR, but he was reportedly not able to regain breath. He was then transported to a nearby hospital.

Eric Mansfield, executive director for university media relations, released a statement to KentWired in response to Moore’s passing.

“Our thoughts and prayers are with Devin Moore’s family and members of Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, Inc. as they grieve his tragic passing,” Mansfield said.

Moore was a member of the fraternity. Four of his brothers led a prayer and moment of silence in the crowded Student Multicultural Center on the second floor of the Student Center.

After the prayer, Talea Drummer, the director of the SMC, and Lamar Hylton, dean of students, spoke to the crowd, prompting a message of peace and love.

The crowd formed a circle on Risman Plaza, where candles were handed out. The brothers of the fraternity then urged the crowd to put their candles and phone flashlights in the air for one final prayer to show respect for Moore and thanked everyone for coming.

As Drummer finished her speech, she had a message for the crowd.

“We will be here for each other, remember what matters and what’s important: Support. Courage. Love. Be there. (SMC) will be there for you.”

Editor’s Note: Detailed reports have yet to be obtained by KentWired.

Henry Palattella is the sports editor. Contact him at hpalatte@kent.edu.

Students honor Devin Moore from KentWired.com on Vimeo.

Anna Huntsman is TV2's general manager. Contact her at ahuntsm1@kent.edu.

Adam Kirasic is TV2's news director. Contact him at akirasic@kent.edu.

Taras Ustrytskyy is a TV2 sports reporter. Contact him at tustryts@kent.edu.

(1) entry

Felipeard

Business is a movement that is attempted to acquire benefit over the long haul. Furthermore, to expand the benefits of the business; entrepreneur do special http://cheapestservicesprovider.com and promotions through which he can build the benefits. Be that as it may, social bookmarking is likewise an up and coming technique to upgrade the profitability of the business.