Teen Vaping Addiction

FILE - In this April 10, 2018, file photo, a high school principal displays vaping devices that were confiscated from students in such places as restrooms or hallways at the school in Massachusetts. U.S. health officials are scrambling to keep e-cigarettes away from teenagers amid an epidemic of underage use. But doctors face a new dilemma: there are few effective options for weening young people off nicotine vaping devices like Juul. (AP Photo/Steven Senne, File)

COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) — The county that includes Columbus is urging residents to immediately stop using e-cigarette and vaping products as authorities investigate an outbreak of lung injuries associated with their use.

Franklin County Public Health officials say 17 of the 530 cases reported to the Centers for Disease Control were in Ohio, including three in Franklin County.

Officials say there haven't deaths in Ohio, but all the people reporting lung injuries have required hospital stays. Those reporting injuries in Ohio cases ranged in age from 16 to 59 with most of them teenagers and young adults.

The health board says anyone who has recently used e-cigarette or vaping products and has symptoms such as coughing, shortness of breath, chest pain, nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain or fever should seek medical attention.

Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.