Monday afternoon at about 3:40 p.m. Central Standard Time coach Sean Lewis got off the first of five Kent State buses that were police escorted to the Westin Stonebriar Hotel & Golf Club. 

He greeted Frisco Bowl staff members and made his way through the entrance and into a lobby filled with Kent State decorations.

Once in the lobby, each player and coach received a free smoothie with the “tropical SMOOTHIE CAFE FRISCO BOWL” logo on it before grabbing their room keys. 

The Flashes landed in Dallas at about 3:00 p.m. from Akron-Canton Airport. The five buses contained 188 people, including select athletic department employees, coaches and select family members and players. 

A small group of family members greeted players outside of the hotel in weather that mirrored that of northeast Ohio. 

The Flashes have several events this week. Monday night players have the option to explore the area via bus shuttle and also have access to a player hospitality lounge that includes arcade games. 

Adam Dulka

Junior tight end Adam Dulka arrives at the Westin Stonebriar Hotel & Golf Club in Frisco,Texas. He has six catches for 45 yards and a touchdown this season. 

After the first 15 minutes of practice, Kent State practice will be closed to the media. Utah State’s practice will be open to media throughout the week.

Kent State will play Utah State on Friday at 7:30 p.m. on ESPN2. 

Contact Ian Kreider at ikreider@kent.edu