The Kent State lacrosse team scored the first goal Friday, but Robert Morris University would outscore the Flashes 23 to three the rest of the way, handing Kent a 23-4 victory on Friday.

The Flashes are 3-7 (2-3 Mid-American Conference) and in third place in the MAC, while the Colonials are 9-2 (5-0 MAC) and in first. 

RMU had 13 different scorers with graduate attackers Melanie and Mackenzie Gandy leading the team with three goals each. 

KSU’s defense has allowed an average of 16.81 goals per game, the worst in the MAC. 

Freshman goalkeeper Taylor Monturo started the game and allowed eight goals with five saves for a save percentage of .385. 

Sophomore goalkeeper Madison Flannigan came into the game to finish the first period and had a save percentage of .364. Freshman goalkeeper Ella Gravitt played the entire second period and allowed eight goals with two saves for a save percentage of .200. 

The Flashes’ goalies have the worst save percentage per game in the MAC with .364. 

RMU took 44 shots and 34 shots on goal, the most allowed by the Flashes this season. 

Freshman attacker Jackie Wolford led the team in goals with two. She has scored a goal in five straight games and is third on the team in total goals with 12.

Junior attacker Megan Kozar had one goal and one assist. Freshman attacker Katie Pettine also scored one goal. 

KSU lost the draw control battle by its worst margin this season, losing it 22-5. 

The Flashes play at second place Central Michigan (6-5, 4-1 MAC) on Thursday. 

Jimmy is a sports reporter. Contact her at krajnice@kent.edu.