The men’s basketball team’s conference opener at the M.A.C. Center has once again been stopped by COVID-19.

On Dec. 26, the Kent State athletic department cancelled a scheduled men’s basketball contest for the fourth time this season. They were scheduled to play Bowling Green tomorrow. Kent State is now at four postponed games during the 2020-2021 season. Kent’s conference opener at Akron was postponed, meaning the Flashes have not played a conference game despite two full weeks of Mid-American Conference play.

The Flashes are not the only program in the MAC that have had recent bad luck playing a game. Miami has also not yet played a MAC game due to the cancellation of tonight’s game against archrival Ohio University. Buffalo has had four consecutive games either postponed or cancelled due to COVID-19, including the Bulls game tonight in Morgantown, West Virginia against the #9 Mountaineers has been cancelled.

The only scheduled game in the MAC tonight will be Central Michigan at Eastern Michigan in Ypsilanti, Mich. The Flashes will hopefully take the court this Saturday in the same place. Tip-off is scheduled for 5:30 p.m.

Dante is a sports reporter. Contact him at dcentof1@kent.edu.