Director of Programming Candidate

Arian Sajjady

Arian Sajjady, Director of Programming candidate for USG. 

Q: What is your platform?

A: “Kent State’s Undergraduate Student Government has always been the home of the most influential and prominent artists throughout time. From names like Drake to Bruce Springsteen, Elton John to Kendrick Lamar, Chance the Rapper, John Mulaney, Dababy and Jesse McCartney it has always been an enjoyable experience for students. As an undergraduate student, having the opportunity to go to diverse concerts or performances is one of the best ways to take a mental health break from the heavy workload of class.”

Q: Why should people vote for you?

A: “As Director of Programming, I want to continue working hard for students and expand the variety of performances so we can bring in diverse shows that the student body wants. In this position, I will work hard with the student body on hosting the best shows by interacting with our students to give them the best experience this USG can provide. With my experience working on events such as Valentine's Gala and Spring International event, I believe I have the incite to fulfill the position and meet my objectives in this role to best represent my fellow undergraduates.”

Q: What changes do you want to enact?

A: “My goal is to give the student body and Kent State University students an enjoyable experience along with diverse performances. As Director of Programming, I am going to ensure that events are held in an organized fashion and students who purchase tickets are valued.”