Senator of the Honors College Candidate 

Maya Huffman USG

Senator of the Honors College candidate for USG. 

Q: What is your platform?

A: “My platform is to work towards establishing a better community atmosphere among all of the Honors students (connecting students living in Stopher/Johnson with those living in CCB/anywhere else). As well, I would like to work alongside Stopher/Johnson and CCA/B Hall Councils to update the buildings as they see fit.”

Q: Why should people vote for you?

A: “People should vote for me because I am a dedicated and passionate leader. I am the Hall Council Vice President for Stopher/Johnson as well as a part of the College of Arts and Sciences Senatorial Committee and work with the Psychology Department. I enjoy both of these positions and would like to further my impact on the Honors College by working alongside the Honors College faculty/staff and receive input from the students. In short, I would like to ensure that every student's opinion is heard and respected.”

Q:What changes are you looking to enact?

A: “One change that I'm looking to enact is to make a better connection between first-year Honors students and the older students. By working with Stopher/Johnson and CCB, I believe this could better connect the Honors students with one another to create a bigger and better Honors College community.”