Director of Community Affairs Candidate 

Cameron Miller USG

Director of Community Affairs candidate for USG. 

Q: What is your platform? 

A: “I am running for Director of Community Affairs because I feel that I can better connect Kent State students with the local community, whether that’s just the people living around us or the people running businesses. I look to do this by improving greek life relations. I’m a big part of greek life, I’m with a part of Sigma Phi Epsilon. I can do that by getting greeks more involved with community service. 

Another platform of mine is fixing the PARTA bus system because we just don’t have enough buses that run the campus. Another big point of mine is going to be the mental health initiative which I see eye to eye with the other candidates.” 

Q: Why should people vote for you? 

A: “People should vote for me because I have a lot of connections throughout campus. I’m not afraid to speak up. I’m a go-getter, I don’t stop until I’ve accomplished my goal. People will actually see a change if I am voted in this position.”

Q: What changes are you looking to enact?

A: “With the mental health initiative, open up more availability, possibly get Kent State to hire some new counselors. That’s just crucial because we have too many people on a waiting list. For the PARTA bus system, it’s trying to get more buses on the weekends running. If you try to catch a bus on Saturday or Sunday, it’s very tough and another big thing is that we need more late night buses.”