TV2 is hiring

TV2 News is hiring for the spring 2022 semester. TV2 is the editorially independent, student-run television station at Kent State that streams on KentWired.com. The station features live Flashcasts at 10:30 a.m., our 6 p.m. newscasts Monday through Friday, entertainment and sports programming and live election night coverage.

Join us for our spring Open House Jan. 21 at 5 pm in the our student newsroom, 240 Franklin Hall. Live auditions will be held for news positions on Jan. 25 from 5 to 9 p.m. on Jan. 26 for sports and entertainment positions, also from 5 to 9 p.m., in the television studio in 146 Franklin Hall.

On-air positions for news include:

Anchors & co-anchors: Anchors are responsible for writing the day’s top headlines in broadcast style. The anchors then deliver these stories from the news desk on live television. They work with the TV2 news director and producer to complete other necessary tasks. There is one anchor and one co-anchor for every Flashcast and newscast.

Multimedia journalists (MMJ):  Multimedia journalists are responsible for interviewing, filming, writing and editing stories for the newscast. They will then introduce the story live in the studio.

Segment anchors: The segment anchor position is similar to the MMJ and anchor positions. They are responsible for interviewing sources and writing stories for the newscast. Typically, the segment anchor is responsible for a few stories that all relate to one larger topic. They will then deliver the story live in the studio.

Weather anchors: The weather anchor creates graphics that correspond to the forecast. They then deliver it on live television.

If you are interested in applying for any of the positions listed above, please fill out the application here and sign up for a time slot here. You must fill out both forms.

If you are interested in applying for the sports department, please contact TV2 Sports Director Jack Berney at jberney@kent.edu.

If you are auditioning for both news and sports, you only need to sign up for one time slot which you can do at this link: Audition Time Sign Up

On-air positions in the sports department include Newscast Sports Anchors, FlashCast Sports Anchors, SportsCorner Hosts, SportsCorner Correspondents and Overtime Host. If you are interested in auditioning for any of these positions please fill out this google form: Sports Audition Form

If you are interested in applying for the entertainment department, please contact Entertainment Director Jacob Gran at jgran1@kent.edu.

Interested in learning more? Sign up for the TV2 email list (listserv) here.

Please email any other questions to News Director Alexandria Manthey at amanthey@kent.edu.